#AutomATAhon2023: Hackathon for testers
Are you ready to take on the toughest test automation challenge?
#ATAGTR2023 is continuing the #AutomATAhon tradition that was started for the first time in 2017. This is the 4th edition of the competition. Meant for testing community to participate in an automation challenge (Hackathon) In-fact the competition is meant not only for the testers but all the testing organizations too. It is a team event, if you are into automation and you are ready to show case your and your organization’s automation capability this is the competition to be a part of.
Remember there would be live application scenarios and live automation challenge up for grab. Jury members would be there to evaluate and more over you get to participate in #ATAGTR2023 as conference delegates.
This will be held on 25th November 2023 and will act as a pre-cursor to #ATAGTR2023
Date: 25th November 2023
Timings: 11 AM on wards (please block 4-6 hours)
Registration of team starts from 9th September 2023, Please register below
- All the teams who register for the event will be showcased on the AutomATAhon2023 page on the website and will also garner 4000 points for their respective organization on Leaderboard.
- Each team member would be given a free entry to all the 4 days of the conference (ATAGTR2023)
- All the team members will be given a participation certificate
- Winning Team of the competition will be rewarded with INR 20,000 (Twenty Thousand Indian Rupees) Cheque
- Winning team members will also receive an individual winner certificate
- Winning Team will receive a trophy on the last day of ATAGTR2023.
- 1st Runner’s up Team will be rewarded with INR 10,000 (Ten Thousand Indian Rupees), Individual Certificates and a Team Trophy.
- 2nd Runner’s up Team in the competition will be rewarded with INR 5,000 (Five Thousand Indian Rupees), Individual Certificate and a Team Trophy.
- Winning team, 1st Runner Up Team and 2nd Runner Team will garner 15000, 10000 and 5000 points on leaderboardrespectively for their organizations.
- GTR 2023 Leaderboard :https://gtr.agiletestingalliance.org/leaderboard/
- It is a time boxed event – which means a fixed duration will be provided to all the participants to solve the challenge
- You can use any open source automation tool(s) which can be setup on Jury’s machine
- It would be held over Zoom/MS Teams (Virtual)
- It is a team event.
- Maximum members in a team allowed are four (4)
- All the team members have to be physically present in single location such that the team members are visible from a chosen video stream
- There is no cap on the number of teams/registrations from a particular organization
- Problem statement will be provided to all the individuals at the start of the event along with hook to a GIT repository. Participants have to automate the problem statement and hook with a CI system like Jenkins.
- Use case on API Testing, UI and Functional Testing on multiple browsers, Reporting and other use cases may be there.
- All team members will have to solve the challenge on their own laptops keeping one video camera on showing the entire team.
- Team has to move the code into the GIT repo as per the scheduled time. Participants have to make AutomATAhon code repo as their collaborator so that Jury can take a look at the codebase if the need be.
- Team need to record the automation solution in action using phone or any other software (like zoom / meetings software etc) and upload on google drive with in the challenge duration
Participants also need to create an Automation Test Strategy during the challenge duration.
- Participants need to have a good internet bandwidth during the competition.
- Jury can ask any individual member to share their laptop screen
- One laptop per team member is allowed and each team member should sign in from the same laptop that is used for coding/automation to the Zoom/MS Teams meeting
- The competition will be hosted using Microsoft Teams or Zoom, you need to ensure that you have access to Microsoft Teams / Zoom from your laptop and you need to turn on 1 video camera showing the entire team during the entire duration of the event. You should have stable internet connection during the competition.
- Evaluation will be based on following points.
- Quality and stability of automation
- Ability to modify tests (changes, addition and deletion of test scenarios)
- Speed at which changes can be incorporated
- Speed of execution
- Maintenance effort required for automation
- Integration smoothness with CI tool
- Integration with other shift left / continuous testing tools
- Speed of solving the challenge (time stamp of the final code push in the repository) will be used as a tie breaker in case the marks are equal
- Jury will select the top 5-7 entries. Live demo of the solution will have to presented by all the selected the top entries.
- Based on this demo Top 3-4 team will be requested to present their solution live on a laptop/machine given by ATAGTR2023 team during ATAGTR2023 in Pune. Final results will be decided on this live demo and live presentation. Every team will be given 15 minutes for a demo and presentation. Setup on an external laptop has to be done during the event.
- The GIT code submitted during the live event can only be used for the setup on independent machines
- Jury’s decision would be final.
Below is our esteemed Jury for the competition.
Associate Director – QE | Heading QE Practice
UST Product Engineering
Test Automation Architect
Testing Project Lead
Practice Head - Quality and Automation Testing
Pratham Software (PSI)
Deputy General Manager
Leading QA and Content Authoring Practices
Sr. Product Engineering Manager
Team Lead of the Customer Engineering Team
Associate Director, Quality Assurance
Senior Solution Architect
Test Automation Architect
Capgemini – Sogeti India